Sunday, July 1, 2007

An Ode to a First Aid Kit

Today after my long run, I had to deal with a huge blister and a hole rubbed in my middle toe. I have also been taping my feet before every run with trainer's tape. I realize that my pre- and post-running first aid supplies have taken over the table next to my couch and there was no room for the usual remote, coaster and box of tissues!

Now you may say that a normal person would just put all of this stuff back in the medicine cabinet after being done with it. The problem is that the last thing you want to do after running over 10 miles and finally sitting down, is get up again!

So now, I have a first aid box that I keep under the couch. Here are its contents:
  • Trainer's tape in 1.5 and 1 inch widths
  • Small scissors for cutting the tape
  • Body Glide
  • Bottle of hydrogen peroxide
  • Cotton balls
  • Sterilized quilting pin for lancing blisters
  • Tube of bacitraycin
  • Box of band-aids
  • Air Salonpas spray
  • Jar of menthol ice gel
  • Tube of foot cream with menthol

Now, anyone that comes to my house will not know that running has taken over my life... unless they happen to know me. ;-)

1 comment:

winner62 said...

Megan-I am sooo there with you!!!